Porter Ranch Gas Leak
Wednesday, Feb 10th, 2016 How Do You Stop The Biggest Gas Leak EverRead more
Wednesday, Jan 27th, 2016 Timeline of events involving the Porter Ranch gas leakRead more
Tuesday, Jan 26th, 2016 Negligence by Southern California Gas Co.Read more
The government agency that regulates Southern California's air quality sued Southern California Gas Co. on Tuesday, accusing the company of negligence in a massive gas well leak that has forced thousands to leave their homes.
The South Coast Air Quality Management District said the utility's negligence extended to the design, construction, operation and inspection of one of the wells at the Aliso Canyon Natural Gas Storage Facility near Porter Ranch, according to the civil complaint filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
The well, one of 115 at the sprawling storage facility, has been leaking since Oct. 23, sending methane into the atmosphere above the Los Angeles Basin. The gas has a noxious additive that has also entered the air, prompting residents' complaints of a rotten egg-like smell.
Monday, Jan 25th, 2016 California gas utility ordered to study health impact of methane leakRead more
Saturday, Jan 23rd, 2016 PORTER RANCH GAS LEAK - PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS REPORTEDRead more
If you live or work in Porter Ranch and the surrounding areas, you and your family may be suffering from physical ailments caused by your exposure to the harmful leaking Methane gas.
According to the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) as of today, over 78,800.00 metric tons of methane, a powerful climate pollutant, are estimated to have escaped from Aliso Canyon since Oct. 23, 2014.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, immediately contact your family physician. Commonly Reported Symptoms: Nosebleeds; headaches; nausea; vomiting; dizziness; lightheadedness; earaches; skin rashes; eye irritation; numbness and tingling in the hands and feet; fatigue; and hair loss, among other symptoms.
There have also been reports of aggravation of pre-existing conditions, such as asthma, sinusitis, migraines, etc.
If you or a loved one has experienced any of these symptoms, you may be entitled to compensation for injuries and damages.
Please contact us for a free consultation.
Ourfalian & Ourfalian, Attorneys at Law
Ask our clients about us!
Thursday, Jan 21st, 2016 Peak Benzene Air Levels in the Porter Ranch CommunityRead more
Benzene levels are evaluated here because the measurements for this VOC were the highest and most closely approached a level of concern. This level of concern was previously established by OEHHA and is called an acute Reference Exposure Level (REL). An acute REL is a level at which infrequent one-hour exposure is not likely to cause adverse effects in people, including potentially sensitive people such as infants and children. The peak levels of benzene in air are evaluated and compared to this REL.
Benzene air level data from all of the available Porter Ranch community air monitoring sites (generally eight different locations) was evaluated, and the highest concentration reported was listed as the peak benzene level for that monitoring day. Some monitoring days had several data sets available for that day (e.g. morning and afternoon). The highest benzene concentration listed in all data sets available for a given monitoring day was listed as the peak benzene concentration for that day. Monitoring days without bars indicating benzene levels indicate days where samples were not taken, or where all the benzene air concentrations in the several air samples were below the level of detection for the analytical chemistry lab that analyzed the air samples.
Monday, Jan 18th, 2016 SoCal Gas abandons plans to capture and burn gas at Porter Ranch leakRead more
Los Angeles Times -- Suthern California Gas Co. said Monday that it has abandoned a plan to capture and burn the leaking natural gas that has forced thousands of Porter Ranch residents to relocate, citing safety concerns.
The announcement came just two days after the South Coast Air Quality Management District announced that the company’s proposal to burn the gas would be placed on hold because of the risk of a catastrophic explosion. The AQMD said the burn plan needed approval from state and federal regulators, along with fire officials.
The state Public Utilities Commission had given the gas company until Tuesday to address concerns about capturing and burning the gas, noting that the design calls for blowers with electric motors that could spark an explosion...
Thursday, Jan 14th, 2016 The LA Gas Leak Is Scarier Than We ThoughtRead more
Sunday, Jan 10th, 2016 Methane CounterRead more